The Color of Shadestone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Color of Shadestone

The home site of the Pathfinder game "The Color of Shadestone" and other games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OOC Thread

Go down 
+6
Szeth
Yanisa
davachido
Johnnycat93
Dances at Night
Tanuki Tales
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Dances at Night

Dances at Night

OOC Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Yep
Back to top Go down
Yanisa

Yanisa

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 4:15 pm

Cool Stairs Bro. Razz 
Back to top Go down
BadPoet

BadPoet

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 7:08 pm

i believe so
Back to top Go down
Johnnycat93

Johnnycat93

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 8:38 pm

Alright DM, I have 2 free hours right now if you want to do this. Sorry everyone, I didn't expect this to detract so much from the game itself.
Back to top Go down
Dances at Night

Dances at Night

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 10:13 pm

Not much happening with the game right now anyway.  Get it out of your systems.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tanuki Tales
Admin
Tanuki Tales

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 11:09 am

Sorry, when the girlfriend gets home, it's time for Walking Dead. >.>
Back to top Go down
https://colorofshadestone.forumotion.com
Dances at Night

Dances at Night

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:31 pm

I couldn't think of any information I wanted from whatever this thing is.  I was more interested in finding out how it would answer a question like that.  Is it compelled to answer? Truthfully?

I also wanted to use the line "I like Pi".  Opportunities don't come up very often :-)
Back to top Go down
Johnnycat93

Johnnycat93

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 12:12 am

Dances at Night wrote:
I couldn't think of any information I wanted from whatever this thing is.  I was more interested in finding out how it would answer a question like that.  Is it compelled to answer? Truthfully?

I also wanted to use the line "I like Pi".  Opportunities don't come up very often :-)
Yeah so I'm gonna go out on a limb here and recommend that you don't waste your question on GM bait like "evaluate pi". Best case scenario: it insults you and moves on. Worst case scenario: we all die of natural causes waiting for an likely-immortal extradimensional statue of questionable sanity to get through every digit of pi in a room with only one exit leading to a moebius stare case. Really, when a psychic automaton with shaky morals is waiting to go all Portal on your ass you should approach the situation with a little more seriousness. To be honest, the quest to find if it answers truthfully is a little redundant when we only have a total of six (five after mine) questions. That and it doesn't seem to have much need to lying to us since it already admitted that it wants to rip our souls out. Since I already blew my question by playing in character, I would recommend some of the following questions if anyone wants to collect useful information:
1) What is the challenge of the first floor?
2) Who created this place/why?
3) What do you hope to learn from this?
4) What are the rules of this test?
5) Why us/me?

Last edited by Johnnycat93 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tanuki Tales
Admin
Tanuki Tales

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 12:47 am

Going to heavily suggest you go with Johnny's general suggestion to not waste your question. Because I will let you waste your question if it's not changed by tomorrow evening. But I question your character even knowing about the concept of Pi.

Edit:

Though I will tell you that Johnny's first suggested question will be a wasted question. The dungeon is randomized.
Back to top Go down
Yanisa

Yanisa

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 1:16 am

I have already spend may hours thinking of a decent question, I want something with an edge, something that Viviana can think off and something that will provide information, clues, hints, answers or whatnot. I still have not come up with the perfect question... I did consider challenge it, because that fits in the line of Viviana's thinking patterns at the moment, but figured that might the worst idea.

Speaking about worst cases, I do have a back-up question, if I don't find that sweet perfection soon.

I feel like a kid again, standing in the candy isle and my mom saying "pick one", while I WANT ALL OF THEM! =p
Back to top Go down
BadPoet

BadPoet

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 2:17 am

i'm so ready to just make my question "why are you such a cunt?" but that's 1.) out of character 2.) a waste of a question 3.) will result in my death most likely
but i have no idea what to ask, i'm terrible with thinking
Back to top Go down
Dances at Night

Dances at Night

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 2:43 am

Tanuki Tales wrote:
Going to heavily suggest you go with Johnny's general suggestion to not waste your question. Because I will let you waste your question if it's not changed by tomorrow evening. But I question your character even knowing about the concept of Pi.
Fair enough, although the concept of Pi has been around for a long time in our world, you created this one, you get to decide what's common knowledge.  

For the record, it wasn't my intention to annoy the GM (or Johnny).  I certainly didn't intend to ask something that would make our situation more untenable.

Johnny asked a question about the residents above and got an unverifiable answer.  It was still a good question because it made sense for his character to ask it but it didn't help us at all.  I was trying to think of what would make sense for Dances to ask that might reveal something of the nature of our captor.  I don't consider this thing to be either a friendly or reliable source of information so I wanted to see how it would answer a question that was a bit off the wall.    

I'll give it some thought tonight and post something tomorrow when I get up.  (I'm retired military and make it a point to be up every day at the crack of noon (pacific standard time)).
Back to top Go down
Johnnycat93

Johnnycat93

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 2:49 am

In times like these I would recommend a brain storming session. I've already given my (rather blunt) thoughts on the subject, what do you guys want to find out?
Back to top Go down
Yanisa

Yanisa

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 3:13 am

My backup question is "What is the easiest/best way to precede trough these challenges." Viviana, past her currently state of nervousness (or temporary insanity), is pretty straight to the point, it would make sense in character. More then a history lesson or figuring out motives.
But if we get a suitable answer? I would guess no.
Back to top Go down
Johnnycat93

Johnnycat93

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 3:24 am

Unfortunately DM said the Dungeon is randomized. That means that either A) there are 30 challenges presented in random order B) more than 30 challenges also presented in random order or C) Challenges will be randomly generated as we come to them. Given the statues pretense for sarcasm I would guess that we would get something along the lines of "live through them". Maybe we could ask "What manner of challenges are possible?" looking for something to clarify what is involved entirely (i.e. puzzles, combat, traps, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Yanisa

Yanisa

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 9:14 am

Viv doesn't know the challenges are random, but I figured a best case answer would be a generic advise. Look out, stay on your toes, think before acting, etc.

I was also tempted to just ask "Why?" but I guess vagueness isn't going to score answers either.

The question is also if we want backstory or not. =p
Back to top Go down
Johnnycat93

Johnnycat93

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 11:23 pm

I'd kind of like a little hint as to why I am being senselessly tortured to death, yes.
Back to top Go down
Johnnycat93

Johnnycat93

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 11:03 pm

A thought occurs: is Lionel allowed his own question (thus bringing are total up to 7 rather than 6) or is he to share a question with Dusk? Also, on that note, if we are in an extra-dimensional space (presumably sealed or warded to prevent any prosepective trouble makers from plane shifting in/out) what difficulty will Dusk face in re-summoning her Eidolon from his home plain should he fall?
Back to top Go down
davachido

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:53 am

Well considering I summoned Lionel in this bizarre plane (as opposed to ours), I believe I can resummon him. As for the question I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Tanuki Tales
Admin
Tanuki Tales

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:43 pm

Lionel gets a question, that's all I'll say.
Back to top Go down
davachido

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:29 am

I really can't think of anything to ask. Ideally like Yanisa I would want to ask something about the trials ahead though it seems to be random so, no point in asking that. Dusk nor Lionel particularly want to ask about the creature we have in front of us. So I'm kind of at a loss to ask anything, feel free to skip over me if need be to continue the story.
Back to top Go down
Tanuki Tales
Admin
Tanuki Tales

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 9:15 pm

Sorry guys, college has been picking up and I'm trying to think of the best way to respond to Badpoet's question.
Back to top Go down
Dances at Night

Dances at Night

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 3:13 am

Are we still playing?
Back to top Go down
Tanuki Tales
Admin
Tanuki Tales

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 11:31 am

Yes.

I re-iterate: College.

My folks have also been out of town this week, so things have been chaotic.

I apologize for the delay.
Back to top Go down
Dances at Night

Dances at Night

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 3:21 am

No sweat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread   OOC Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OOC Thread
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next