The Color of Shadestone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Color of Shadestone

The home site of the Pathfinder game "The Color of Shadestone" and other games.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Color of Shadestone

Go down 
+6
Johnnycat93
Yanisa
Dances at Night
Szeth
davachido
Tanuki Tales
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
lore232

The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:26 pm

"As to the owner of the panther .. not realy sure but I agree we should at least investigate whatever is down there." he said hastily "As a bit of a side note, did any of you see a man wearing a ring similiar to this?"

He began muttering to himself as he cupped his hand with the other, with each word a light grew within it till it glowed brightly for a few moments till diming agian. Holding up his hand he bore a ring with a 7 pointed star with a grey stone in the center mounted in silver casting shaped in the form of vines twining around the points and the stone. Yet the more you look at it the cruder it seems. The silver seems to be aged tin, the stone colored glass, and even the fine detail of vines seem to fade to simple shapes and loops in the pattern.

"This belongs to a man I have been tracking for weeks and may be the cause of this." He continued grimly "I know neither his name or even what he looks like but he destroyed something very precious to me..." Shaking slightly in anger he tossed the ring into the air and let it fall to the ground. Shattering on impact he sighed agian "What I should you was only a poor copy, the object itself is very beatiful and gods know worth only so much but I would promise it to whoever could help me find this man... if he even is a man ..."

OOC:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
davachido

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 10:30 am

Dusk begins to get up glowering at Viviana when she says that she hunts magic users. Lionel quickly gets up and places his hands on her shoulders to sit her back down. Despite his apparent strength he does struggle to force her to set back down. They start saying things at each other that sound disjointed at best. They are talking in Ereso though the words they are saying have nothing to do with each other, yet seemingly the pair are communicating.

After a few seconds of this Lionel turns around. "Sorry Viviana, we have had more than a few run ins with your type before. The fact that you had your sworn drawn on us and called me a demon has got Dusk on edge a little. All the previous run-ins have ended in a fight and quite a few deaths."

Lionel sighs "Look don't worry about it for now, we can go our separate ways when we get out of whatever we're in. So let us set that aside."

Dusk begins to get restless until Draos asks that Dusk and Lionel reveal their 'true' association. The pair of them look at each other confused for a moment. Lionel is about to say something a couple of times then poses his hand underneath his chin thinking, Lionel shrugs then Dusk speaks up. "Er, well we are blood related. We are in fact family as much as it sounds like you don't want to believe that. We have no idea which of the relations it actually is, so we name each other brother and sister for convenience sake instead of 'family member' that would just be strange." Dusk assures Draos without a single hint of doubt in her voice.

Dusk looks at Dances at Night curiously. "Why in the world do you refer to yourself in the third person? What is the point of that?"

Lionel rises from the chair and stretches, turning to Hodge "I am sorry Hodge, I have seen naught of anyone with that ring. I doubt my sister has either."

Lionel then clears his throat for everyone to hear. "Now introductions are done, I believe many of us are able to walk upfront ready for the fight. So I propose we walk in a circle around those that need more protection. I believe Dances at Night and Aesop would contend for that. Let's be on our way then, I think we'll begin to grow moss if we stay here any longer." Lionel begins to walk out, Dusk scampers after him and bids the rest of the group follow.

When the pair are on the edge of the pit with the group shortly in tow behind them, they turn to each other, draw weapons and slowly descend the staircase.

Back to top Go down
Szeth

Szeth

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 11:49 pm

Yoshihiro sits in growing frustration as the others around the table ignore him while they discuss what to do about the mysterious staircase. When they all get up to leave, he represses the urge to burst out in anger at them, instead remaining seated quietly at the now empty table. "I'll wait until they go down the stairs, then follow them and see what happens from there.
Back to top Go down
Dances at Night

Dances at Night

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 5:25 am

davachido wrote:
Dusk looks at Dances at Night curiously. "Why in the world do you refer to yourself in the third person? What is the point of that?"

Dances at Night answers politely, "Self deprecation is meant as a sign of respect for the one being addressed.  It is the way of my ancestors.  Not many Biladi follow the old ways but This Ones family is very traditional."  

Quote :
Yoshihiro sits in growing frustration as the others around the table ignore him while they discuss what to do about the mysterious staircase. When they all get up to leave, he represses the urge to burst out in anger at them, instead remaining seated quietly at the now empty table. "I'll wait until they go down the stairs, then follow them and see what happens from there.

Dances at Night raises an eyebrow, "As you wish, although we are perhaps safer together than apart.  None of us has any reason to trust one another but we have been made companions by fate if not by choice. This One doesn't wish to see you excluded."

Dances will move to the opening and examine the area...
Back to top Go down
Yanisa

Yanisa

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 7:24 pm

The second Viviana noticed a panther, she draws her second sword again. She tries to look at as intimidating as can towards the cat, standing as tall as she can in her full plating, without a helmet, so people can at least she her face and realize she is still pretty young, still an teenager. Her long brown hair mostly tucked away in the armor which also obscures most of her figure. She crosses her long swords and stares at the panther, wondering whether it was real or not. This time at least other people confirmed it was really there and not a new hallucinations to add to this madness, but they didn't seem that impressed. 'I'm a really that paranoid... or are tame panthers common in these lands?' She wondered to herself trying to make some sense of this all. "Isn't it just me or is this panther... spying on us? Or do all cats wander randomly in bars when no one else can walk and just sit around? Not that I suspect it of causing this all, but it still seems... odd." Not willing to kill it or anything, and not really having the patience to make up some complicated plan to scare and follow the panther she shrugs, ignoring it seems the easiest solution, but she cant shake that feeling off.

She looks from Aesop to Dances at Night... Both simple warriors that didn't sound confident in their fighting ability... both talking in third person... both having an odd way of speaking... Paranoia, coincidence or some kind of weird conspiracy?

It seems that whatever this Lionel really has, Draos at least had suspicious about them being brother and sister. Viviana can only guess what Draos sees, but thankfully someone else was also suspicious of the pair. When Dusk responses instead of Lionel, it only proves there was something odd. There must be a reason why the demon-looking one is the speaker.

She even trusted the two less, if that was possible, when Lionel mentioned they deal often with mage-hunters and seem to kill people. Whatever these people are... that didn't mean a lot of good news. She wanted to response, call them out on this, confront hem with the fact normal people won't kill in self-defense, even in life or death situations but decided that that will ruin the last thread that is holding them together. She will deal with them later, when the illusions of this monstrous thing are cleared, but currently there was bigger treat and even though it sounded like the worst idea ever, she probably wouldn't be able to face these treats alone.

Also that Hodge fellow was a odd one. Openly displaying magic was a death sentence... 'Back home! Things are different here!' Still the way he talked, acted and used magic like it was a simple tool made the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. She did try to give her practice some training and figure out what the heck he just did to summon a ring out of nowhere.

When Viviana leaves as second last, she looks and realizes Yoshihiro is still siting there. "Aren't you coming?" She asked. After getting a response that indicates he wasn't, she rolled her eyes and sighed. She felt her irritation and anger growing. 'Why are all these people so insane! What is wrong what me? What wrong with this place?!' She thought to herself as she followed the group, again being the last one in line, hoping that maybe soon she could stab something to vent out her frustrations. She looks with a murderous glee at Lionel before realizing the horrible thoughts she just had. Shocked at herself, she tries to look around, hoping to see something to distract her.
Back to top Go down
Johnnycat93

Johnnycat93

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 8:31 pm

Aesop gently claps his hands together once a decision has been made "Vonderful, once more into the breach then?". As people begin to exit the tavern he casually walks next to Viviana who is currently enamored with the panther. He pats her solidly on the back and says "Sister, vat is wrong? You seem so tense, is something bothering you?" He looks from her, to the cat, then back again. He laughs, "Cats eh, vat can you do?". He then steps forward and pets the panther cooing "Nice kitty".

Just before he exits the bar he notices the edge of a gun barrel pointing just at the head of Lionel. Taking in the whole of the situation he readies a plan. WITH LIGHTNING SPEED HE...

trips himself on a "loose board" in the floor of the bar and "accidentally" goes careening out of the doors and directly into Catrina. Falling into her he half haphazardly knocks her, and thereby the gun, out of the way on his way down. He takes a moment and then slowly picks himself out of the dust of the road. he shrugs his shoulders, hoping the tension was broken by his antics "...Eh he he, sorry sister..."
Back to top Go down
Dances at Night

Dances at Night

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 11:04 pm

Dances stops just before the door when he sees the gun, draws adamantine daggers and drops into a fighters stance, "Perhaps this is the one who has caused this."

[ooc](He'll allow Aesop to pass through his space for his cinematic disarm)[/ooc]
Back to top Go down
BadPoet

BadPoet

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 11:54 pm

Draos remains seated looking at the door and laughs loudly at Aesop.
Back to top Go down
lore232

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 11:58 pm

Chuckling to himself at the antics of the new .. people he had been paired up with; be fate or chance he did not know. He said "Well then since we're all friends can we try not to kill each other till we find at least who is causing all this?"
Back to top Go down
Szeth

Szeth

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:01 am

Yoshihiro watches Aesop with amusement, the looks over at Draos and asks, "Aren't you going with them?"
Back to top Go down
BadPoet

BadPoet

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:43 am

Without moving his head Draos says

"In a moment, i'd like to see how all that plays out first. Even if we've agreed to work together that doesn't mean i trust the lot of you, thus I didn't want to walk out that door with my back turned. In retrospect it was a good decision."

he chuckles slightly then turns to Yoshihiro

"How about you? why haven't you moved yet?"
Back to top Go down
Szeth

Szeth

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 7:25 pm

"I was simply waiting to see how all this went. I would agree, waiting was a wise choice," Yoshihiro grins.
Back to top Go down
[kouhei]

[kouhei]

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:47 pm

(ok for the sake of things im just going to side step)

She looked at her peripherals seeing a man stumbling her way and took a side step to avoid the confrontation. 'how odd' she thought to her head. But she kept her main attention to the gent she had the gun to. Catrina smirked as she tilted her hand with the side arm up from the mans temple before placing it into her holster. Here amber eyes stared deep into his eyes behind the bandana that covered most of her face just up to her eyes. She placed a gloved pawed hands to his head to let him know he needed to remain calm, you will never know what is around you if you walk around with a hot head. Catrina, out of all people would know this. Her hat tilted down to reveal a sheriffs badge. Dulled over time. It ever had a bullet hole take a decent chunk at the side. Her tail raised in the air as she walked into the door not even saying a word to the folks. She walked to her partner, lana the panther and gave a stroke on the head and went over to the bar and grabbed a bottle of fire ball that was made of cinnamon whiskey. She looked at the full bottle and slipped it into her pocket and took out a coin and placed it on the table to pay it off. She closed her eyes and slightly opened one to look at (badpoets character) and gave a slight nod for a hello.
Back to top Go down
Dances at Night

Dances at Night

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:29 am

Dances shakes his head in disgust thinking to himself, "Ah, a lawman.  That explains the shitty attitude.  Not likely the one who created this effect."  

He continues on to the stairs and check them for traps (or anything else of interest).
Back to top Go down
Johnnycat93

Johnnycat93

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:42 am

"Tch, so serious..." says Aesop with a light laugh as he holds his hands up in response to the gun.
Back to top Go down
davachido

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:24 am

As Catrina passes Dusk who has seen most of the exchange and the threat against her brother a flair of magic comes from her body. A surge quite strong, the magic casters in the room know it is a level similar to a Karmic break. Lionel shoots Dusk a glance and utters to her. "Stop that now!"

Dusk blinks a couple of times before her innate magical strength dies down from her anger. Lionel frowns at her. Dusk walks out the door fuming that her brother hadn't let her just kill the sheriff which she was more than sure she was capable of doing.

More people that don't give us a chance.. ha.. so we keep on running after this, doubt any of them would care anyway. Dusk is thinking to herself as she leaves the tavern.

Lionel looks over to the "Sheriff" "You are quite a terrible sheriff to randomly point guns at people during a point of crisis you know that? We are all trapped here in search of a way out, you too presumably because you can move. You then go around threatening people? Or creatures in my case." Lionel shakes his head. "I really wonder if you've ever really saved anyone with an attitude like that. I bet you are shoot first ask questions later." Lionel shrugs.

"No matter, what you do is up to you. I ain't staying around where I ain't welcome, certainly not with a person who is so quick to attack." Lionel says this with every bit of seriousness in his voice, despite his alien experience and probably threatening physique. Lionel turns and leaves to join his sister, not happy that despite trying his best people still are fast to go to weaponry over just talking.

Not waiting for long Lionel and Dusk join Dance walking down the staircase. While following the man down Dusk asks "Hmm Dances at night, your name is a little long to pronounce comfortably. So I'm going to call you Dan, okay?" She chuckles a little trying to talk to one of the few that that hadn't outright made her uncomfortable or fear for her life.

At least this one doesn't look like one of those hunters after me, no doubt Viviana has heard of the bounty. I wonder if she has made the connection yet? I would have never let Lionel introduce us if I knew she was one of them!

Lionel looks at her and says "Mistaken Angel, Flight of fancy. Door of mysteries. Talking in the code they use.

Dusk shakes her head and smiles at him. "Nah don't be silly. Golden honey."

Lionel plants his palm on his forehead. "Idiot, broken compass."

Dusk laughs at her brother before giving him a friendly punch. Those around them can see that despite Dusk being quick to anger at people she doesn't really know she seems to be very amicable to those she trusts.

Back to top Go down
Yanisa

Yanisa

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 7:12 am

"Tense?" Viviana thought, more like completely out of her mind. She looks at Aesop "Something wrong? How about the whole town except us?" She sighs, but keeps her weapons drawn.

The sheriff just added another weirdo in this insane group of people. Although the sheriff was doing a pretty good job of reminding her at home. Judging Lionels reaction, it might be different on the outside though, who knows. In any case the Sheriff went inside, where as Viviana was/went outside. She was glad too, she didn't feel like interacting with another person, based on all the others she met so far.

Outside she took a couple of deep breaths, and then walked towards the stair. She wanted to get out of this nightmare as fast as she could, and that bar, that bar was probably the worst part of this nightmare so far.
Back to top Go down
Dances at Night

Dances at Night

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:31 pm

"Dan?  If it will make things easier for you..." Dancer replies doubtfully.
Back to top Go down
[kouhei]

[kouhei]

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:09 pm

Cartina chuckled at the outburst of the one she pointed her pistol at. Unfortunately for that person, she could tell he must not meet a lot of gunslingers around these parts. Law man usually likes to operate at their own terms. Either point blank, or the passive approach and talk things out in a civil manner. Unfortunately she was the type to deal with things up close and personal, and occasionally, a lot of lead shelled out. That's how she got the name 'The Powdered Scarlet'. She pulled the bottle out and opened the contents to smell the cinnamon whiskey and took a sip from underneath her bandana that covered her face. She was calm as the iron she carries. She took a sip before recapping the bottle and slipping into her pocket. The hot kick that runs out of the throat was exhilarating and the taste was mighty relaxing. If you wanted a real good drink, this piss hole of a tavern had some decent brew for the town. Nothing fancy, but strong hard boos. She looked at the group, from the looks of them, neither one of them looked like the culprit, how can she tell, anything is possible. She watched her whole town freeze up. Her fierce look soften up into sadness seeing such a cruel thing happen to her town. And sure they were correct, those steps lead the way to her criminal. And she promises they will come back in pieces to stand trial.
Back to top Go down
BadPoet

BadPoet

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 12:35 am

Draos stands

"well that was interesting. sheriff, in the future try to approach more calmly. Surely i agree any violent wrong doer needs to be punished but they must first be proven a culprit. Now then if you would excuse me i do believe i've promised my services to the people you just chased off. A bid you farewell lady."

he turns to Yoshihiro

"If you're coming along i believe now is the time to do so, if not i understand and good luck."

He walks out the tavern and approaches the rear of the group standing at the stairs, hood still down.
Back to top Go down
[kouhei]

[kouhei]

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 12:52 am

Catrina shouldered her rifle and readjusted her backpack, watching Draos. He was right to an extent but certain matters do require a more vulgar approach in the matters and what she did, did not require such vulgar actions. She did understand his language but she will only speak in her old tongue. How things should of been. Her boots made little sound as she followed suit right behind Draos keeping close to him. As much she appeared as a loose cannon, she was also scared because of everything that went on. Her town, there were people here that she knew and loved. These were good people. Now the only thing she can find comfort is the moving and her partner lana as they followed behind the others. Granted her job is best served in the front ahead of the pack since she's a top scout and gunner in these parts of the land. No one was able to dispute her talents. Thats why she was hired by the company that owned the mining town. But leaving this town would also violate her contract as well, but this was something different, She can feel it in her heart.
Back to top Go down
Johnnycat93

Johnnycat93

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 1:17 am

From his position on the ground Aesop can see the Sheriff's eyes soften as she looks out upon the grey landscape. Once the gun has been holstered he rises to his feet and dusts himself off, watching most of the group move past. "You know," he says, "You could ave pulled the trigger". He looks directly at her "But you did not. Thank you". He stretches out his hand for her to shake, "Ve are Aesop, vat is your name?"
Back to top Go down
Tanuki Tales
Admin
Tanuki Tales

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 4:09 pm

As the motley trio of Dances, Lionel and Dusk began to walk past the lip of the top of the stairs they would feel the cool and slick surface of the worked stone even through the soles of their boots (and in Lionel's case, he thick reptilian hide). The sensation would slowly creep up their entire forms, suffusing them with the very feeling of stone that has not felt the heat of the living, sunlit world in quiet a long time. The cold, damp fugue imparted not only a sense that this construction was of no mortal hand but that it was far older than anything any of them had ever encountered.

The way down the stairs would prove an uneventful course, with no clever traps or obstacles deemed necessary to be hidden on the journey by the original master of this building. Step after step would be traversed, but those who strode down them would see that the light at the bottom was coming no closer than it had appeared to be when they would have initially peered down into the dark maw carved by the stairwell in the earth. And if any of them paused to peer back up towards Shadestone, they would find that nothing but darkness was resting at their backs.

The die had been cast and the eldritch stone edifice that layed most hidden to the eye would not even permit entrance till all the selected players approached the figurative stage for this drama. The three would be trapped there, walking downwards towards the unknown, until the rest of their erstwhile compatriots joined them in the descent. And because of the unnatural essence of this place, they would catch up with their first step.
Back to top Go down
https://colorofshadestone.forumotion.com
BadPoet

BadPoet

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 4:35 pm

As Draos leaves the the tavern he comes up behind Dances, Dusk, and Lionel as they begin to walk down the stairs. After a moment of pause he switches from lighthearted to serious for now their lives could be in danger at any moment. He pulls a dagger out under his cloak and begins to descend down the stairs hoping the others will follow soon.
Back to top Go down
[kouhei]

[kouhei]

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 5:44 pm

Catrina's eyes went back to its fierce and heartless gaze as a Aesop was trying to extract a name from her. It was true she could always pull the hammer on anyone, but, it takes a true gunslinger to not pull a trigger on a defenseless person. He seemed to be ok, but she does not want to use her common tongue towards them, so she chose to use her ancestral tongue that was a dieing language of her people no thanks to the Balam alliance. She shifted her bandana that covered her face and took a deep sign.
"Scarlet"
she replied in the foreign tongue.
She watched her partner followed suite right by her side, trying to readjust her sight of what was in front of her. It was no surprise either, everyone was just as blind going down these wary stairs. She kept up close behind Draos, from the looks of things, she looked like she was almost behind the pack which meant her pistol wont due. That meant she would be in more of a supporting fire role which was fine by her standards. She excelled in support combat and best suited for advance scouting to tracking. With that being said, her gut tells her some of those skills of hers might not cut it on her own on what they are just about to walk into. But thankfully she brought the necessary items out of her cart before she entered with the group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Color of Shadestone    The Color of Shadestone  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Color of Shadestone
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Color of Shadestone :: The Color of Shadestone-
Jump to: